The new version, SAM Reports 2 is out!
There are many changes between SAM Reports and SAM reports 2, as well as new features introduced.
- SAM Reports 2 supports big datasets, as well as sliced (rotated) log files, as was introduced in this blog post.
- The same goes to the viewer that displays the reports.
- Transfer of log files from the PBX/local PC now resumes, rather than copies all log files.
- Parser is now separated from the viewer (SAMReports.exe). That is to facilitate adding different Asterisk SKUs, that may be changing the log files in some way.
- Parser also shows a much more informative progress while processing.
- There is a different organization of Pivot Reports window:
- SAM Reports 1 loaded all available reports for CDR and queues respectively, in the same window.
- Now there is a command for each of the available reports containing different elements.
- Pivot Reports
- CDR Pivot Reports added an new field, “Destination Context“, as requested by some of our customers.
- CDR and Queue Pivot Reports have a new charting engine, with three additional charts.
- CDR and Queue Pivot Reports now support templates, that preserve current field layout. (Also requested by our customers)
- Detailed Reports
- Advanced parsing
- Sometimes an Asterisk log file( CDR mostly) contains a lot of redundant and unneeded lines. If those entered the reports they would only generate noise and clog the report.
- We introduced a way to recognize and ignore such lines when generating report. There are also rules to assign agents an extension, if it is contained in their name.
- Log Files Viewer
- Application that let’s you see the raw log files, as created by the Asterisk PBX.
- Parsing results
- There is a new window that shows the last parsed results.
- Multiple Projects
- SAM reports is not bound to a single Asterisk PBX anymore. It can generate reports for X number of Asterisk installations (X is determined by your SAM Reports 2 SKU : Enterprise-unlimited, Professional-10 and Standard-3) (Customer request)
- You don’t need to make a new project only in case you have more than one Asterisk box. You might want to make a new project for each year, month…
I will be sending the update emails to my current customers next week. This upgrade is free for all registered users, and they will all be receiving a Professional SKU, an upgrade. I have decided to give free upgrades, because we consolidated all the efforts into this new version, and did not pay much attention to the version 1 of SAM Reports. That way we can thank them for being patient.